Friday, February 24, 2012

Not quite derailed detachment

So, for those who weren't around when I was sketching on the train, derailed detachment was what I called all the sketches I did while on the train going to and from the art institute.

I have no sketch book with me today and only photos on my phone from my stamps, but it's sort of close enough.

I'm on the train home from the city and Utrecht, an art supply store. Got more stuff for stamps, and some proper ink for the block/linoleum printing I want to do. Got a roller and plexiglass slice for it too. Got a book specifically to stamp and print in and some "ice white" card stock. Will eventually invest the 70$ for the mini printing press too after I see if I can find demo videos for it on YouTube.

Also got something small for a friend. She's had a truly rough week and there's a 50/50 chance this might make her smile. Next time I go I'm getting her something that her cats will certainly be ogling at and will 100% make her smile. I didn't have room for it today in the bag I brought to haul everything home though, so next time.

I need to make a new playlist for walking too, but that's neither here nor there.

No comments:

Post a Comment